II. Choose the word which best completes the sentence.1. Every year different natural disasters such asearthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes and volcanic
II. Choose the word which best completes the sentence.
1. Every year different natural disasters such as
earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes and volcanic eruptions happen on our … .
a) star b) satellite c) planet
2. Jules Verne throws his heroes into … by means of a
a) distance b) space c) the Moon
3. The terrible hurricane had … all the houses by that
destroyed b) damaged c) broken
4. We have been doing … into space for many years
damage b) research c) disasters
5. … is a long period of dry weather when there is not
flood b) earthquake c) drought
6. He climbed into his … and in a few minutes he was
out in space.
spacesuit b) spaceship c) satellite
7. In Britain
people often start conversations by talking about the … .
seasons b) weather c) disasters
8. The satellite was launched … space three days ago.
a) in b) into c) to
9. I shake … a leaf before every exam.
a) like b) with c) from
10. I haven't been to any parties … a long time.
since b) for
- 1) C